Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:55 AM
Bookmark and Share

Nelly Furtado has admitted that she lost her "pop inspiration" after the success of her last album Loose.

The 'Maneater' singer claimed that she struggled to find new creativity following widespread promotion and touring for the record, which sold over seven million copies and topped the chart in ten countries.

"I was tired and I had lost my pop inspiration," she told the Daily Star.

"I needed a new outlet and I found it by writing in Spanish."

The singer, who hails from Canada and is of Portuguese descent, described her new Spanish-language album Mi Plan as upbeat, melodic and including her "first true love songs".
She added: "It's liberating to express my Latin soul." Furtado releases Mi Plan on September 15.

Labels: ,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -